Jan 26 2021
- Added alternating row background colors to tracks and files tables for Tag Sources results.
- Changed to expand ~/ to home directory when importing, exporting, or renaming files.
- Changed to use localized display name for folders at Preferences → General → Startup folder.
- Crash when removing selection from Tag Sources tracks table.
- Action Import Cover failed silently if sandbox access to image file was missing.
- Folders loaded via System Services were not added to recent folders and secure bookmarks.
- Not all fields were displayed at Tag Sources result in some cases.
Jan 19 2021
- Added Copy, Cut, and Paste to contextual menu of file list.
- Added Open in Mp3tag system service to folders and supported files.
- Added support for sorting the Tag Sources results table.
- Changed toolbar symbols to be slightly bigger.
- Crash at duplicating actions of type Import tag fields.
- Crash when reading invalid UTF-8 from FLAC, Ogg, or Opus.
- Using Tag Sources on a filtered result also used some of the unfiltered files.
Jan 16 2021
- Added support to copy, cut, and paste tags from files to other files.
- Added support to copy selected files externally.
- Added support to copy textual representation of selected files.
- Added menu View → Sort By.
- Added option to randomize file list sorting via menu View → Sort by.
- Changed fields with multiline contents visually more distinctive in both file list and extended tags dialog.
- Changed format string token fields to scroll in single-line mode.
- Changed scroll to insert location after adding fields to format string via fields menu.
- Changed to always show minutes and seconds in formatted lengths.
- Changed keyboard shortcut for Quick Actions to Cmd+Alt+6.
- File list column width was not preserved if changed via double click between column headers.
- Regression where selection in file view via Cmd+drag did not work anymore.
- Copying format strings to pasteboard sometimes contained superfluous slash characters.
- Format string bracket-lookup notation didn’t work if field placeholder was part of function parameter.
Jan 9 2021
- Added action Adjust Cover to adjust album cover image format and size.
- Added action Import tag fields (aka Guess values).
- Added action Merge duplicate fields.
- Added action Split field by separator.
- Added action Remove duplicate fields.
- Added option to Adjust Cover to cover window context menu.
- Added support for reordering of files via drag and drop.
- Added support for %_counter% and %_counter_total% dynamic information fields.
- Added import of secondary images from Discogs in case no primary images is available.
- Added option to replace invalid NTFS characters when renaming files.
- Added common links and feedback option to help menu.
- Changed toolbar symbols to be slightly bigger.
- Changed supported file types to be individually reported to the system.
- Regression where file extension was not omitted from selection when renaming files in file list.
- Cover Window still lost focus after performing changes via contextual menu in some cases.
Dec 28 2020
- Added support for index tracks and subtracks to Discogs tag source.
- Added information fields to format string fields menus.
- Added functions to format string fields menus.
- Added normalization of Discogs artist names that removes disambiguation numbers.
- Changed to use folder.ext as default cover filename for drag and drop.
- Changed cover export via drag and drop to use actual cover file type and data instead of conversion to PNG.
- Changed default ID3v2 version to write to ID3v2.3 with UTF-16 for new installations.
- Changed tokens and field names in format string fields menus to be lowercase.
- Removed trailing spaces at artist field when importing from Discogs.
- Removed misleading error message that tag could not be read after removing tags.
Dec 22 2020
- Added support for importing metadata and cover art via Discogs.
- Added support for importing metadata and cover art via Discogs Release ID.
- Added tag sources popup toolbar button to choose tag source to import from.
- Added tag source toolbar button to import via last used tag source.
- Improved Tag Panel layouting.
- Preview at converter Tag - Tag used replacement of invalid path characters.
Dec 15 2020
- Added word wrapping to extended tags edit dialog.
- Added workaround for drag’n’drop of folders from Finder alternatives.
- Changed quick actions window to be resizable.
- Blocking when writing ID3v2 TIPL (INVOLVEDPEOPLE) and TMCL (MUSICIANCREDITS) fields.
- Crash when adding new field to Tag Panel via Preferences that was neither in the list of standard nor custom tag fields.
- Editing mode sometimes chose previous field when adding custom fields.
- Editing mode sometimes chose previous field when adding custom genres.
- Error on attempting to write to locked files produced invalid program state.
- File list did not have focus after saving tags by removing file selection.
- File list sometimes did not have focus after loading files.
- Numeric checkbox had no effect when editing preferences of file list.
- Startup folder configured via „Other“ was sometimes not remembered.
Dec 10 2020
- Added action Import Cover to import cover from file.
- Added action Export Cover to export cover to file.
- Added removing of ID3v2 tags from FLAC files.
- Changed Tag Panel field auto-complete to allow for changing case only.
- MP3 VBRI and LAME headers were not read correctly in some cases.
Dec 7 2020
- Performance improvements when selecting large amounts of files.
- Writing to Ogg files failed if file couldn’t be edited inplace.
Dec 2 2020
- Excluded files from last used items that are opened on startup.
- Excluded files from recent documents menu.
- Visual glitches at Preferences → File List under Big Sur.
Nov 29 2020
- Renaming files and folders via actions and converter did not work due to sandbox restrictions in some cases.
Nov 28 2020
- Improved file-writing performance.
- Crash at applying imported data from tag sources in some cases.
Nov 19 2020
- Added support for Musepack.
- Regression from previous version where file loading wasn’t possible in some cases.
Nov 18 2020
- Prevent file loading while other operations are running.
- Menu item to add files was enabled during reading of files.
Nov 13 2020
- Updated user interface for macOS Big Sur.
- Updated app icon for macOS Big Sur.
- Added support for native arm64 on Apple Silicon M1.
- Added CMD+D keyboard shortcuts to duplicate actions and action groups.
- Changed to use joinphrase from API to concatenate multiple artists in MusicBrainz tag source.
- Startup Folder popup at Preferences → General was too wide for long folder names.
Nov 6 2020
- Added support for importing metadata and cover art via MusicBrainz.
- Added support for duplicating actions and action groups.
- Action Format value for field _DIRECTORY did not work.
- Action Format Value for field _FILENAME with folder specification only performed renaming if folder was created or filename was changed.
- Converter Tag to Filename created empty filenames on format strings that produced an empty string.
- Click on fields menu via + required format string field to have focus.
- Click on format string history menu button required format string field to have focus.
Oct 17 2020
- Added support for checkbox fields on Tag Panel (e.g., COMPILATION).
- Possible crash if one or more Tag Panel items were deactivated in configuration.
- Choosing quick action via return was not possible if quick action list has focus.
Oct 11 2020
- Added Quick Look preview to follow selection in file list.
- Added preferences option to choose startup folder.
- Added preferences option to open previous folders on startup.
- Added preferences option to use, collect, and manage custom user-defined genres.
- Added preferences option to hide standard genres.
- Added preferences option to use, collect, and manage user-defined field names.
- Added preferences option to hide standard field names.
- Changed file list to enter editing mode on delayed double click.
- Changed to use fields from Tag Panel als default fields in converter fields menus.
- Changed Tag Panel auto-complete to be case-insensitive.
- Changed Tag Panel drop-down lists to be sorted.
- Changed to use monospaced digits font in file list.
- Default genres were not listed for files with empty Genre field.
- Loading files after changing file list columns via preferences wasn’t possible until restart.
- ID3v2 POPULARIMETER fields were not read correctly.
- ID3v2 POPULARIMETER playcount was not written correctly.
Oct 4 2020
- Added Action Groups feature to run multiple actions on selected files.
- Added Quick Look preview to play files from file list.
- Added Dark Mode cover placeholder image.
- Added < blank > option to Tag Panel field combo list to remove fields when saving tags.
- Added string comparison scripting functions $strcmp() and $stricmp().
- Logical scripting functions used case-sensitive comparison if parameters were strings.
- Temporary directories from creating temporary files on network drives were note removed.
- Crash when double-clicking on empty space in extended tags dialog.
- Toolbar and menu buttons were disabled after exporting cover art from Tag Panel.
- Adding new fields to Tag Panel via Preferences didn’t focus name text field.
- Adding new columns to File List via Preferences didn’t focus name text field.
- Action Remove Fields checkbox Remove covers didn’t update OK button state.
Aug 21 2020
- Added Quick Actions feature to run single action on selected files.
- Added action Replace to replace text in tags and filenames.
- Added action Replace with Regular Expression to replace text in tags and filenames using regular expressions.
- Added action Case Conversion to change upper and lower case in filenames and tags.
- Added action Format value to copy and compose tag fields or filenames by other fields content.
- Added action Remove Fields to remove selected fields from tags.
- Added action Remove Fields Except to remove all fields except selected fields from tags.
- Creating temp files on external drives fails if files were loaded individually.
- Pasting cover art from file names (e.g., from Finder) only added file icon instead of image.
- External changes in filename case were not reflected in the file list.
- Copy and paste of folder names with umlauts to format string fields did truncate the string in some cases.
Jul 29 2020
- Added dummy field to Filename to Tag converter field list.
- Crash at converter Filename to Tag when adding fields via menu to a format string that contains unparsed tokens.
- Externally renamed folders were not updated in the file list.
- Externally renamed files were not always updated in file list if filter was active.
- Loading files was not possible anymore after attempting a tag change on a non-existing file.
Jul 16 2020
- Added support for Direct Stream Digital Audio (*.dsf).
- Improved progress reporting to be more responsive when renaming files.
- Changed to use directory of current file when adding cover art from file.
- Changed to use directory of current file when saving cover art to file.
- Changed to use „folder“ as default cover file name when saving cover art to file.
- Tag to Tag converter did not remember window position.
- Renaming huge amounts of files reached sandbox limit and showed allow access dialog for each file.
- Folders loaded via drag’n’drop were not added to the recent files list.
- Reloading the file list did not sort files according to current sort descriptor.
- Added files were not sorted according to current file list sorting criteria.
- Adding and loading files did not always update status bar summary.
- Formatstrings at converter Tag to Filename could be removed from history.
- Formatstrings at converter Tag to Tag could not be removed from history.
- Renaming field in Extended Tags dialog did not remove original field.
Jul 4 2020
- Regression from alpha.6 where file list was not always refreshed to display latest contents and which resulted in all kinds of random behaviour.
Jul 3 2020
- Added adjusting of column width by double-clicking on column separator.
- Added continue editing in next or previous file list row via Return and Shift+Return.
- Added file size and track length of selected and total files to file list status bar.
- Added detection of Opus in Ogg container.
- Added Extended Tags toolbar item.
- Added preserving selection while sorting.
- Cover added via drag and drop is now stored as JPEG in case TIFF data is provided.
- Added converter Tag to Tag to file list context menu.
- Added expansion tooltips for truncated values in file list.
- Added padding to file list status bar.
- Cover art image dimension were not calculated correctly in some cases.
- Previous selection was preserved when loading new files.
Jun 26 2020
- Added converter Tag to Tag
- Improved default sorting so that files are added sorted by path and filename and only then the custom sorting column is applied.
- Editing Tag Panel fields with unsaved changes removed Tag Panel contents.
Jun 17 2020
- Added progress for renaming via converter Tag to Filename
- Improved performance of UI refresh at batch-renaming of files.
- Improved performance when editing file list preferences if files are displayed.
- Improved selection behaviour when removing files
- Cancelling loading files prevented subsequent loading of files (since alpha.3).
- Write operations that require temporary files failed if files were on different devices.
- Files with non-lowercase file extensions were omitted from loading.
- Files with invalid streams were not added to the file list when loading files.
- ID3v1 tags with special chars are not read correctly.
- Registered as Default app for some file types where Alternate app was intended.
Jun 8 2020
- Added creating of directories at converter Tag to Filename.
- Added support for removing of tags via Cmd + forward delete key.
- Added support for removing of files via forward delete key.
- Add field button in converters now inserts field at current cursor position.
- Changed to omit file extension from initial selection when renaming files in file list.
- Changed to use option modifier key for adding files.
- Cover Window lost focus after performing changes via contextual menu.
- Contextual menu actions were performed on selected file and not on clicked file.
- Preserve visible state of Tag Panel.
- Remove cover menu button was enabled after startup even if no file was selected.
- Cover paste menu item was enabled also if no file was selected.
- Rename button at converter Tag to Filename was initially enabled even if no formatstring was provided.
- Convert button at converter Filename to Tag was initially disabled even if formatstring matched.
- Converter Filename to Tag omitted trailing characters if filename contained Unicode chars.
- Multi-line field content was rendered unreadable in file list.
- Potential crash due to race condition on concurrent file loads.
- Potential crash due to race condition on concurrent sort operations.
- Potential crash due to race condition when updating files that were renamed externally.
- Wrong German localization for Tag to Filename context menu entry.
Jun 1 2020
- Added ‘Save’ button to toolbar.
- Added ‘Add files or folders’ button to toolbar.
- Added context menu to file list.
- Added support to load folders via dropping the folder on the Mp3tag Dock icon.
- Added support to add files to the file list via drag and drop by using the Shift modifier key.
- Added support to open multiple files via Finder → Open With.
- Registered with the system to support opening of audio files.
- Previously used format strings are now prefilled at converters.
- Scrolling in file list now uses a predominant axis.
- Adding Tag Panel fields via Preferences gave duplicate field error alert too often.
- Added default genres to Tag Panel field.
- Random crashes when editing format strings.
- Tag Panel showed contents of previously selected files after files were removed from file list.
- Extended Tag window displayed wrong field content after adding fields in some cases.
- Tag Panel field layout was broken by newline characters in metadata content.
- Visual glitch with the file list upper border.
- Closing the main window gave no option to restore the window.
- Keyboard navigation on Tag Panel wasn’t possible anymore after modifying fields via Preferences.
- German localization used instead of on Tag Panel.
- ID3v2 WXXX and UFID frames were not read correctly.
May 24 2020
- Initial release, everything is new :)